Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 2011

This Christmas was pretty awesome. Much different than my usual holiday routine. In years past I always made a point to work the holidays because my family is crazy and it was just easier to volunteer to work.
This year though it was infinitely different... having Chris and his family was wonderful. In some ways bittersweet because it made me acutely aware of what I had been missing for so long. A feeling of Christmas joy that I have not allowed myself to feel for quite a few years now but this year it came in full force. I am one lucky girl to have such amazing future in-laws. :)

Sadly, at some point during the festivities I managed to lose my camera bag at their house. Luckily, I still have my camera but it means that my camera battery, extra lens and cable are no where to be found. Which basically means that I have no pictures of this holiday because my camera is dead.
The only two survivors are pics from my iPhone.
1)The awesome Christmas fort I built in my room. I knew having a canopy bed would pay off someday. There is something magical about Christmas lights around you when you're falling asleep. :)
2) The best Christmas present ever. When Chris bought my engagement ring he purposely picked out a plain band... that way we could go back together and pick out a setting. He got me the most beautiful one ever and it's great because I can more safely wear it at work without it snagging on everything now!
Luckiest. girl. ever.
Merry Late Christmas Friends! How was your holiday?

3 comments :

  1. We're feeling awfully lucky too! We loved having you for Christmas and are so glad you had the time off.

    ~ future dad-in-law

    P.S. - That bag will turn up somewhere. It couldn't have disappeared...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my your ring is GORGEOUS!! Lucky girl indeed! You've had such an amazing year... cheers to another! Happy New Years!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my highs was getting a call from you and hearing of the engagement...for sure! I'm so excited for you...& by the way, the Hello Kitty pillow in the Christmas fort is priceless ;) I can't wait to see your place in the reals!! Loves!! ~Amisani

    ReplyDelete