Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

This week I have been sick and recovering from a severe sunburn I got during my 23 mile run last week. I only made it to work one day this week because a cold caught me on my first 12 hour shift. The rest of the time I have been miserable at home, attempting to find some position where I am not in pain. It has not gone well. I am totally worn out and I feel drained on every level.
All of that to say that I have been completely detached from Easter week this year... and my heart is a little broken because of it. At a time when the world is stopping to reflect on the life of a man who means so much to me, I realize that I have been focused so much on the wrong thing... myself. 
And the truth of the matter is...
I miss God
and I want more of Jesus' truth to be in my daily life.
So here's to having a blessed Easter weekend, full of redemption, truth and hope!

1 comment :

  1. Unfortunately I can completely relate to you being worn out and drained from being sick... And missing God. Interestingly, someone at church was praying for me today and I felt strength and peace that I haven't felt for a while. Jer. 29:12-14a ... And another passage that I can't remember. I need to email her. But I love you friend and hope you have a blessed Easter in spite of it all...

    ReplyDelete