7. Last but not least a sneak peak of Lebanon photos for you...
- I finally finished editing Lebanon photos! Yay! There will be a Lebanon post (or two... or three) coming up in the next week or so. Stay tuned!:)
- Is it a full moon or is it just me? The way this night has been going I swear more than half the patients on our unit are completely off their rocker. Seriously, what is up with all the crazies man?! It's starting to make me go a little nutty myself! I just keep telling myself... "one more night... just make it through one more night."
- This week I almost had a complete melt down while cleaning out my fridge. Ok... I am an ICU nurse and I know I come in contact with all kinds of disgusting germs all the time but I can't help it... I am a complete germaphobic neat freak. ESPECIALLY when it comes to my kitchen and bathroom. Earlier this week, I pulled out a whole chicken I had in the freezer and moved it to the fridge to de-frost.... only to come back the next day to find an ENTIRE shelf covered in bloody, disgusting, chicken juice. All of the food on that shelf was covered and I was so mortified I basically threw out everything on that shelf and proceeded to freak out as I vigorously scrubbed down my entire fridge. Few things scares me more than bacteria from raw meat. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.
- I am running my third half marathon this weekend! Technically I'm only supposed to be running 6 miles for my training so I plan on taking this suuuuuuper easy... mainly because I have a 22-23 mile run next weekend but it will be a pretty course along the coast so hopefully I'll get some fun pictures.
- I AM SO OVER MARATHON TRAINING. I cannot emphasize this enough. I am not physically overtrained because I am doing hardly any running these days but I am so SO mentally drained. I'm pretty much down to only doing my long runs on the weekend with an occasional mid-week run because I know that it would be a disaster and a half to skip those long runs but seriously what I used to love about running has some how vanished. I think after I am done with my marathons this summer I will take a break from races. I'm signed up for one or two, half marathons this fall but those are nothing compared to marathon training. I also think I need to get back to trail running... just hitting the trail and running until I get tired and calling it a day. No running for distance or speed.... just running to feel good.
- This week I got training to do CVVH or Continuous Veno-Venous Hemodialysis. It was pretty cool. These patients are usually pretty sick and since they are so unstable and cannot tolerate regular dialysis we put them on a machine like this one pictured and we dialize them continuously for a small yet steady effect. It definitely felt good to be challenged in my work again. :)
Happy Friday Friends!!