Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Breaking Heart



Today my heart is breaking. I heard news from my BFF Ami this week that my sweet little girl, Petra is in the hospital with a ruptured appendix. She had surgery the other day and has been in the pediatric surgical unit for a few days for post-op monitoring. It has been a really rough week for them. With Petra in the hospital and Thea, the oldest at home with a 103 degree temp. and a bad case of the flu. The youngest one probably has no clue what to make of it all. It has been quite traumatic for the whole family and it has been so painful to be 4 states away in the midst of it all. 

I miss them dearly and when I picture seeing this sad little face with tears streaming down from the turmoil that has been this week... not to mention the sheer pain of having appendicitis! Ugh, fly me out to Dallas already!

Poor, poor kid. I spoke to her on the phone today and I was glad that I could connect with her for a minute. I know they will all be okay and that 'this too shall pass'... it's just so painful to be away from those that you love... especially when life has just thrown them some huge curve balls. 
I can't even imagine if I ever have my own children... I will probably be a huge disaster when they get sick. It just completely breaks my heart to pieces when kids are sick... it must be so much worse when they are your own! Hopefully in the fall I will be able to visit them but in the meantime I will settle for phone calls and skype chats and imaginary hugs. 
<3

4 comments :

  1. Oh so sorry to hear this sad news. I watched my grandson when his mother was in the ICU with DKA. It was very distressing for him. I will keep them in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Andi... I'm so sorry. Honestly weirdly I'm glad mine happened when I was older because I at least knew it wasn't the end of the world and I could articulate what I was feeling well enough.

    Tell Ami that I'm praying for her family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks. Praying for full recoveries and for peace of mind for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope she is doing fine by now. i have heard of people who either died or nearly died of ruptured appendix

    ReplyDelete