Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day

 To all of the veteran's out there who have fought and sacrificed for our country. The service you have given us all never ceases to amaze me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I appreciate you.
This week was crazy and like very other week I had the privilege of caring for some of our nation's veterans.
After a long and tiring week where one of my patient's got a total of 2 hours of sleep and was teetering on the edge of health... he looked at me, tired and struggling to breathe and says,
"You know what Andi? You are a darn good nurse."

It made my day, knowing I could be there for a man who was probably at his worst and it's moments like that where I would not trade my job for any other in the world.

"You know what?" I said, "You're a darn good patient."
If you see a veteran or a soldier today... thank them. They absolutely deserve it. 
Have a fun and safe weekend everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment