Monday, June 14, 2010

3a.m. Oatmeal Crisp

This is what I do when I can't sleep ....




Fruit Filling
2 c. blueberries or 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen blueberries, thawed
2 c. strawberries
1/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. grated lemon rind
2 tsp. water
Oatmeal crisp
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/4 c. quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 c. brown sugar or 1/4 splenda brown sugar (which is what I used)
1/2 c. butter
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven 375 degrees.

Prepare your choice of fruit mixture as indicated below. Cover bottom of buttered cake pan or pyrex dish with mixture.

Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together in bowl. Cut butter in dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly or do what I did and just melt the butter in. Sprinkle topping over fruit and bake in a moderate oven. Serve warm, plain or with whipped cream, I used fat free cool whip. Top it off with a few dried oats and fresh blueberries.

Enjoy!

Square pan: 8 inch or 6 cups. Cooking time: About 30 minutes.



2 comments :

  1. This looks delish. I love me a good crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Andi! You and Kelly's last posts make me feel like a kitchen failure! LOL!

    Seriously, this looks great. The pictures are amazing, too! :)

    ReplyDelete