Sunday, March 20, 2011

Life Lately

My favorite folks from the ICU night shift
Hello Friends!
I have been meaning to come around here more often. Still haven't updated about my trip to Ireland and Lebanon... have lots of nursing stories I could share... running stories too... but life has been busy. Life has been busy with the mundane and it's been a little wearying. I can't seem to catch up on sleep or social time with friends or quality time with Chris. It all just seems like I am pulled bit by bit in a bunch of directions and only small pieces of everything are getting done. This weekend I will be heading down to L.A. to see a play that my bff Helena has been helping direct. It will be fun to have a road trip with the gang and see what Helena has been putting her heart and soul into these past few months. Still, it makes for a busy weekend and I've been rushing around all day in order to get things done before we head off bright and early tomorrow.

Oh well... one day at a time, right?

On a more fun note.... I do have a happy event to share with you all. Recently, I was lucky enough to have a baby shower at my house for a very well liked co-worker of mine. This is her first baby and because she let slip that her family was not planning on doing a shower for her... we went all out. I spent a few days looking up DIY blogs and photos on flickr for inspiration and I must admit that the end result... albeit a ton of work... was totally great. It was a wonderful day and I was so glad to have been able to host it at my house. It gave me an opportunity to be crafty and do some blog hunting for fun ideas :)
So without further ado... pictures from Baby C's Shower 

Best idea ever... baby shower potluck style :)
Our adorable onsies after they were decorated by everyone at the party!
 
Baby S wanted to join in the present unwrapping... too freaking cute!
It's a boy!!!

Another successful house party and a wonderful day spent with my favorite nurses! Hope you all are enjoying your weekend!!

3 comments :

  1. It's gorgeous. Way to go, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andi, as Oprah says, "The love is in the details."

    It's obvious here. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I've always wondered how to make a diaper cake!

    ReplyDelete